The Five: Top Oscar Moments of 2013
This year's Oscars were full of fabulous fashion (we're looking at you, Naomi Watts) and fun moments (who knew Charlize could dance like that?), hosted by the charmingly chipper Seth MacFarlane. From the expected George Clooney jokes to witnessing Meryl Streep picking her wedgie onstage, there was never a dull moment. Was Jennifer Lawrence tipsy when she tripped and fell up the stairs on her way to collect her golden trophy? Who cares! That girl can recover from anything, and we're willing to forgive her.
Here are my five favorite moments from the evening:
1. Sally Field snogs Seth MacFarlane.
2. The arrival of Anne Hathaway's spiked nipples on the red carpet, causing a collective "WTF was she thinking?"
3. Quiet, serious Daniel Day Lewis breaks a record with his third Best Actor win, then brings down the house with an unexpectedly hilarious acceptance speech.
4. First Lady Michelle Obama announces ‘Argo' as Best Picture, and the Academy chooses not to cut off either co-producer Grant Heslov as he gives Ben Affleck his moment, or Ben himself during their speeches. Best Director Snub: almost forgiven.
5. Side Boob as the official guest of honor.
Kim Bongiorno is a writer, mom and wife stomping around the suburbs like a confused, nerdy, albino Wolverine. Kim is known for hitting you with the funny, then surprising with the sweet, on her blog LetMeStartBySaying, and is both a staff writer and the Social Media Manager at InThePowderRoom. Come see the many inane things she shares on Facebook and Twitter, or learn more about her work on KimBongiornoWrites.