Mar 07

Eye cream, eye cream, we all scream for eye cream!

Comments (19) by FrugalistaBlog March 07, 2013 - 7:02 AM

I love a good eye cream. I would do almost anything for youth preservation. Although, I haven't done Botox. I haven't had an inject-able or laser procedure, or surgery. So no, I haven't done 'anything' for youth. But I will hunt down and get excited about anything that says 'wrinkle reducing' or 'rejuvinating' for the eye area.

Where to start? There are a few low-end, drug store brands that are decent. But we are talking about the most delicate area of the face. For best results, our eyes require stardust and sheep placenta. (Only halfway kidding.)

An Insider's Guide to Eye Cream by Frugalista Blog at In The Powder Room

Here are some helpful tips and product recommendations:

Remove your makeup every night. Use a gentle eye makeup remover and get that mascara off before hitting the pillow.

Wear sunglasses outside. Cybill Shepherd in the 80s wore sunglasses all the livelong day to prevent squinting. They didn't do Botox in those days. She was on to something. I never forgot the advice I read at 13-years-old. I still wear sunglasses. I live in the rainy Northwest. You can see how dedicated I am to this rule.

Don't rub your eyes.

One thing I'm game for trying lately is an eye mask. Like, literally, the Lone Ranger eye mask. There are others on the market too for under the eye area. They call them collagen patches. Here I am sporting my superhero look.

Rebecca of Frugalista Blog and In The Powder Room doing an eye mask

It's from Korea from this website called www.becleo.com. So even though the package was mostly in Korean, thankfully there were directions in English as well. I followed the instructions and low and behold - firmer eye area! My crow's feet were smooth, my under-eye area was less blue and puffy! I'm supposed to do this every day for a week and get desired results. Heck. I'm convinced!

Brands I love:

Tata Harper Eye -- I am in love with this ENTIRE skin care line. Developed by a woman in Vermont made with all organic botanicals and essential oils. It has changed my skin. The eye cream is a power house of anti-aging and de-puffing ingredients. I always ask for a sample at Neiman Marcus and have used the serums and cleansers. My next treat to myself is the eye cream.

Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Resist 24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream -- a friend of mine works at Sephora and swears by this. I don't doubt it's good stuff. Shiseido is a cosmetic empire.

Dior Capture Totale Eye -- I was introduced to this about 5 years ago. This stuff always delivers and has been my go-to brand since before discovering Tata Harper (see above).

Keils -- Not as expensive as the others, but a great company and lovely product.

Clinique -- Clinique has come a long way; 20 years ago I was a Clinique girl. Yes, working with the white lab coat in a department store. I wanted to play with the makeup more than sell it. Back then I think there was one eye cream, I was 20 and I didn't care about eye creams. Now they have quite a few to choose from in a very decent price range.

Boots -- The cheapest of the good ones I could find.

Sisley-Paris -- Hey, why not? This baby is the mac daddy of them all. At $200 a half ounce, it comes with a free kitten and you hear harp music every time you open the lid. That might be an exaggeration. But the lady used it once on me at the store, and I swear I walked out of there looking like I was 25 and feeling like a million bucks.

Rebecca Gallagher of Frugalista Blog and In The Powder Room Rebecca Gallagher is a blogger, mom, wife and poop scooper, not necessarily in that order. She writes at her blog, Frugalista Blog, which isn't about couponing. She likes movies, Daniel Craig, tea and lip gloss. She can be found driving her mini van to PTA meetings and heading to Target in yoga pants and cashmere. She spends too much time on Pinterest checking beauty tips and not enough time cleaning her house. You can find her on Facebook and Twitter @FrugieBlog.

by FrugalistaBlog March 07, 2013 - 7:02 AM

• Report Wed May 15, 2013 - 3:55 am
    by  buy essay
    Thank you for these tips about eye care. Sight is a very important sense, and we should really care about our eyes. I am helping my sister write about her paper and her topic's about sight, so I'm kinda lookin' for sources in the Internet. There are a lot of articles that came out, but I only need few. Few but quality articles. I can't remember writing about a similar paper back in primary school, but I'm more than happy to eb helping my sibling. :)
  • Report Thu Mar 28, 2013 - 10:49 am
    by  conlin
    jeremy scott wings The University of jeremy scott shoes Nebraska Athletic Department and adidas jeremy scott adidas today announce a new contract that extends their partnership through 2018. The.
  • Report Thu Mar 21, 2013 - 9:47 am
    I got everything about eye cream after reading this article.Your blog is very helpful for me.Thanks for covering all the details. Professional Skin care
  • Report Thu Mar 7, 2013 - 5:59 pm
    Hey Frugalista, I'm going to check these out. And your pinterest boards. Have you tried (and don't make me feel too lame if this is old news) the olive oil (plain EVOO) face wash thing? I found it on pinterest and I think it is working......
  • 2 replies, Last reply by Beth Baskett on Fri Mar 8, 2013 at 8:20 am
  • Report Thu Mar 7, 2013 - 9:39 pm
    @lhewitt: Hi there! Ooh, EVOO to wash your face? I've heard of a few. I do love me some face oils. Is it from the company DHC? I know there's cosmetic grade EVOO, not just the stuff you find in your kitchen. I've been using some grapeseed oil and borage oil instead of body lotions lately. I'm thinking of writing a whole post on essential oils! Thanks for commenting.
  • Report Fri Mar 8, 2013 - 8:20 am
    @FrugalistaBlog: I would love to read about good base oils and essential oils for your skin!
  • Report Thu Mar 7, 2013 - 10:14 pm
    Frugie, I don't know how old you are, but your skin is absolutely incredible! You are beautiful, and your blog is an inspiration. @
  • 2 replies, Last reply by Beth Baskett on Fri Mar 8, 2013 at 8:18 am
  • Report Thu Mar 7, 2013 - 10:22 pm
    @Beth Baskett: Beth, I am 40. And you are my new best friend. Thank you for those kind words!
  • Report Fri Mar 8, 2013 - 8:18 am
    @FrugalistaBlog: YYou're very welcome! They were meant sincerely... and you don't look anywhere near 40. And... good, I can use all the good friends I can get at the moment!
  • Report Fri Mar 8, 2013 - 5:34 am
    What??? I knew we were soul sisters...i too wore a lab coat and sold ddml.......
  • 1 reply, Last reply by FrugalistaBlog on Fri Mar 8, 2013 at 7:45 am
  • Report Fri Mar 8, 2013 - 7:45 am
    @Ladygoogoogaga: Uh, mah, gah. We have GOT to get together one of these days and swap notes!
  • Report Fri Mar 8, 2013 - 3:55 am
    by  hilljean
    A kitten AND harp music? Yay! Where do I sign up?
  • 1 reply, Last reply by FrugalistaBlog on Fri Mar 8, 2013 at 7:43 am
  • Report Fri Mar 8, 2013 - 7:43 am
    @hilljean: One can hope. You can sign up by giving away your first born. I'm not joking when I say it's pricey!
  • Report Fri Mar 8, 2013 - 12:23 am
    I love me some Eminence Organics. The Wild Plum eye cream is great, as is the Herbal Contour eye cream. They aren't cheap, though. Also like Origin's GinZing eye cream. Damn. Didn't realize I liked so many eye creams.
  • 1 reply, Last reply by FrugalistaBlog on Fri Mar 8, 2013 at 7:41 am
  • Report Fri Mar 8, 2013 - 7:41 am
    @RealMomofNJ: Eminence is lovely! That's why I'm in love with Tata Harper! Organic, and I see results. Trust me, this was my short list, I could list eye creams until Christmas!
  • Report Thu Mar 7, 2013 - 11:58 pm
    Oh, Frugie. I need you. My skincare routine would horrify you. My pillow looks like a smudged mascara explosion.
  • 1 reply, Last reply by FrugalistaBlog on Fri Mar 8, 2013 at 7:40 am
  • Report Fri Mar 8, 2013 - 7:40 am
    @Kerry Rossow: I will bring my supplies this summer. It's never too late to improve.
  • Report Thu Mar 7, 2013 - 9:42 pm
    by  Amy
    You are going to firm up my face, and Jillian Michaels is firming up my ass. Look out world!
  • 1 reply, Last reply by FrugalistaBlog on Thu Mar 7, 2013 at 9:47 pm
  • Report Thu Mar 7, 2013 - 9:47 pm
    @Amy: Ooh, looking fierce lady!! That reminds me, I should put down this pop tart and put in my Jillian Michaels DVD.