Jul 01

Note to self: procrastination station

Comments (22) by Julie Stamper July 01, 2013 - 6:02 AM

Note to self: honestly, you're starting to piss me off. The procrastination has gotten way out of hand. And blaming the kids? Not cool. Oh, you don't know what I mean? Let's talk.

First, the whole "I'm going to exercise more" situation. No one told you to run a marathon. No one said do a Gwyneth Paltrow colon blow cleanse. You promised yourself to start with just ten sit-ups and ten push-ups a day, because hey, that's do-able, right? Except that you never did start. Seriously, how hard is it to do ten sit-ups and ten push-ups? That takes, what, about 120 seconds, maximum? Your DOG does ten sit-ups and ten push-ups every day. Infants who can't hold up their own heads have a more intense workout than you. What are you going to do if you're lying on the floor and Channing Tatum walks in, and instead of sitting up and yelling "I'M HERE, CHANNING!" your wet spaghetti abs won't lift your trunk off the ground? Ten sit-ups, ten push-ups. As soon as you're done writing this post, okay?

Maybe before you get on the floor to do that modicum of exercise, you should vacuum. Otherwise, you'll end up with hair and baseball diamond sand and Pop-Tart crumbs all over your back. Remember last week how you had to do a quick faux surface clean because the exterminator was coming to take care of the ant problem in the kitchen that probably happened because you cut watermelon on the counter and no one adequately cleaned it up? And you wanted the exterminator to see the house looking clean so he wouldn't judge? And then he walked into your bedroom and thought "Holy shit, there is probably a colony under all of these dirty clothes"? Yeah. Let's maybe put a stop to all that and clean the house when you're done writing this post. Clean first, then exercise.

But before you clean you'll need to return all of the cans and bottles, because why clean if you have those all over the counter? Yes, the same ones that probably draw ants. There, with the three mini cans of Sprite, are six cases of beer bottles. If you'd just take the bottles back every week you wouldn't be the mom with a cart full of 143 beer bottles holding the hand of your fourth grader when the school counselor walks by and sadly smiles at you at the grocery store. Just take the bottles back RIGHT NOW.

Wait. There is just one more space for a bottle in the carrier. It's better to take an even number, and as long as you're making the trip, it should be full. You should drink a beer to fill that space. But now you shouldn't drive because you just had a beer. Just leave the cap on the counter, you can pick it up later. After the sit-ups.

Tomorrow. Tomorrow you are SO doing the sit-ups. And cleaning. And returning. Color me Scarlett, tomorrow is another day.

Julie Stamper aka Julie The Wife In The Powder RoomJulie the Wife has been ruining childhoods and burning dinners since 1997. She balances full-time work, full-time guilt, and full-time teen angst while barely servicing her long-suffering husband. She loves the hyphen (not to be confused with hymen). She blogs at A Day In the Wife, as well as on Twitter @juliethewife, Facebook at A Day In The Wife, and Pinterest at Julie TheWife. Please make a note of it.

by Julie Stamper July 01, 2013 - 6:02 AM

• Report Wed Sep 4, 2013 - 1:57 am
    by  r43ds
    R4i 3DS Card R4i 3DS cards are different from R4i Gold in encrypiton part. The chips included in this R4i 3DS cards are MX23J4GC0-75H(48Pin) and 25L4001(8Pin). The hardware structure of R4i 3DS cards are almost the same as that of the R4i Gold card. R4i3DS-DS.com technical team has removed the standing out part of R4i 3DS and inserted the R4i 3DS core into a NDSi. Well, the DSi console shows no cart inserted! This means R4i 3DS card's encrypiton part is different from that of R4i Gold card. R4i 3DS cards set up method is very similar with the way to set up R4i Gold V1.4.5 card. R4i SDHC V1.4.5 The R4i-SDHC V1.4.5 made by r4i-sdhc.com is same size as original DSi card. It is also called Red r4i card. Red R4i card and R4i Gold card on hotsale in 2010. The before verison R4i-SDHC only support DSi V1.4. It upgraded to V1.4.1 on sep 2010. By loading latest R4i-SDHC kernel, The red R4i-SDHC V1.4.5 card supports DSi V1.4.5, DS, DS Lite, DSi LL and DSi XL perfectly. New R4i SDHC 3DS card support Nintendo 3DS console R4i Gold R4i Gold card is also called R4i 3DS card or R4i3DS. It is made by famous R4i golden team - r4ids.cn. the before version is R4i Gold V1.4.1. The R4ids.cn broke Nintendo 3DS console at the first time, how ever, there are other R4i Gold cards which also support Nintendo 3DS. New R4i 3DS card - R4i Gold 3DS released on March 1st, 2011. It was successful to run games on Nintendo 3DS console. Thanks to R4i gold team, with this fantastic R4i Gold 3DS card, players can enjoy games and medias on Nintendo 3DS easily! R4i Gold 3DS Card R4i Gold 3DS Card flashcart from r4ids.cn has proved to be one of the best flashcart for your 3DS XL, 3DS, DSi, DS consoles. this card uses wood firmware, supported by wood official team. Update very quickly, if you have noticed the 3DS firmware update news, you will know R4i Gold 3DS Card can always work on the latest 3DS or DSi firmware, wood firmware updates regularly to support more new games, you can use R4i Gold 3DS Card to play nearly all the DS games. if you only want to play DS games, play videos, i would highly recommend this card. R4i-SDHC 3DS Card, is a brand new 3DS slot 1 flashcart solution from r4i-sdhc.com, same company as n3dscard.com for Nintendo 3DS console. This 3DS R4i SDHC upgrade card with update firmware - R4i-SDHC 3DS kernel can currently run DSi DS game ROMs, 3DS ROMs and 3D games are not supported on this R4i 3DS card. 3DS mark is clearly printed to differ from those forme R4i SDHC V1.4.1 series. R4 3DS Card R4 3DS Card team released seris R4 3DS Card, since the arrivial of Nintnedo 3DS on Feb 26th. Such as r4idsn card, r4i gold 3ds card,r4i sdhc 3ds card, r4itt 3ds card and so on. These R4 3DS Card contains the function of old r4 and r4i card, what is more, they successfully run DSi games on Nintendo 3DS console. Some of the R4 3DS Card hacked N3DS by upgrade their firmware, while others support Ninendo 3DS by released a totally new R4 3DS Card. Well, we belive, the R4 3DS card centry is coming. R4i 3DS Card R4i 3DS Card is supported with this type of memory cards. So, if you want to purchase R4i 3DS Card for your DSi or 3DS that offers best benefits to you then R4i 3DS Card is the best option for you. The R4i 3DS Card carries amazing features and promotes functionalities. The R4i 3DS Card is famous as the R4 DS Revolution for Nintendo DS due to its radical and high tech applications. You have to trace your software files to the Micro SDHC card and after that drag and drop your game, movie, Software, music or application files as well to the Micro SDHC Card. R4i Gold R4i Gold card is also called R4i 3DS card or R4i3DS. It is made by famous R4i golden team - r4ids.cn. the before version is R4i Gold V1.4.1. The R4ids.cn broke Nintendo 3DS console at the first time, how ever, there are other R4 Gold cards which also support Nintendo 3DS. New R4i 3DS card - R4i Gold 3DS released on March 1st, 2011. It was successful to run games on Nintendo 3DS console. Thanks to R4i Gold team, with this fantastic R4i gold 3DS card, players can enjoy games and medias on Nintendo 3DS easily! R4i Gold 3DS R4i Gold 3DS card is also called R4i 3DS card or R4i3DS. It is developed by popular R4i golden team - r4ids. cn. the older type is R4i Gold 3DS V1. 4. 1. The R4ids. cn broke Nintendo 3DS console at the first time, but, there are other R4i Gold 3DS cards clone which also supports Nintendo 3DS. New R4i Gold 3DS card - RR4i Gold 3DS presented on March 1st, 2011. It was successful to run games on Nintendo 3DS console. Thanks to R4i gold team, with this awesome R4i Gold 3DS card, players can enjoy games and medias on Nintendo 3DS easily! R4i SDHC R4i-SDHC 3DS R4 3DS Card UK R4 3DS team released seris R4 3DS card, since the arrivial of Nintnedo 3DS on Feb 26th. Such as Gateway 3DS card, r4i gold 3ds card,r4i-sdhc 3ds card, R4i 3DS card and so on. These R4 3DS card contains the function of old r4 and r4i card, what is more, they successfully run DSi and DSL games on Nintendo 3DS console. Some of the R4 3DS card hacked N3DS by upgrade their firmware, while others support Ninendo 3DS by released a totally new R4 3DS card. R4i 3DS Card UK R4i 3DS is supported with this type of memory cards. So, if you prefer to buy R4i 3DS Card for your DSi or 3DS that offers best features to you then R4i 3DS card is the best choice for you. The R4i 3DS Card has incredible features and promotes functionalities. The R4i 3DS Card is famous as the R4 DS Revolution for Nintendo DS due to its the radical and high technical programs. R4i Gold UK R4i Gold 3DS card is also called R4i 3DS card or R4i3DS. It is made by famous R4i golden team - r4ids.cn. the before version is R4i gold V1.4.1. The R4ids.cn broke Nintendo 3DS console at the first time, how ever, there are other R4 Gold cards which also support Nintendo 3DS. New R4i 3DS card - R4i Gold 3DS released on March 1st, 2011. It was successful to run games on Nintendo 3DS console. Thanks to R4i gold team, with this fantastic R4i gold 3DS card, players can enjoy games and medias on Nintendo 3DS easily! R4i-SDHC V1.4.5 UK The R4i-SDHC V1.4.5 made by r4i-sdhc.com is same size as original DSi card. It is also called Red r4i card. Red R4i card and R4i Gold card on hotsale in 2010. The before verison R4i SDHC V1.4 only support DSi V1.4. It upgraded to V1.4.1 on sep 2010. By loading latest R4i-SDHC kernel, The red R4i V1.4.5 card supports DSi V1.4.5, DS, DS Lite, DSi LL and DSi XL perfectly. New R4i SDHC 3DS card support Nintendo 3DS console. R4i SDHC 3DS Card UK R4i-SDHC 3DS Card, is a brand new 3DS slot 1 flashcart solution from r4i-sdhc.com, same company as n3dscard.com for Nintendo 3DS console. This 3DS R4i SDHC upgrade card with update firmware - R4i-SDHC 3DS kernel can currently run DSi DS game ROMs, 3DS ROMs and 3D games are not supported on this R4i 3DS card. 3DS mark is clearly printed to differ from those forme R4i SDHC V1.4.1 series. R4i Gold 3DS Card UK Buy cheap R4i Gold UK Buy R4i 3DS Card UK Buy Cheap R4i 3DS Card UK R4i SDHC UK R4i-SDHC 3DS UK
  • Report Tue Jul 2, 2013 - 12:33 pm
    Crying and laughing! Love this and you.
  • 1 reply, Last reply by Julie Stamper on Tue Jul 2, 2013 at 7:55 pm
  • Report Tue Jul 2, 2013 - 7:55 pm
    @Jennifer Bilbro: Stop it. I love you more. Now get out there and lick a tulip.
  • Report Mon Jul 1, 2013 - 7:14 pm
    by  Allycat
    Isn't there a children's book with a mouse and a cookie like this?! Totally my life...
  • 3 replies, Last reply by Julie Stamper on Tue Jul 2, 2013 at 3:11 am
  • Report Mon Jul 1, 2013 - 8:06 pm
    @Allycat: If you give a procrastinator a cookie? Holy shit. I'm off to write that book RIGHT NOW. I can clean and exercise later.
  • Report Tue Jul 2, 2013 - 3:08 am
    by  GrandeMocha
    @Julie Stamper: Million dollar idea!
  • Report Tue Jul 2, 2013 - 3:11 am
    @GrandeMocha: I'll get right on it...after I do ten sit ups.
  • Report Tue Jul 2, 2013 - 3:07 am
    by  GrandeMocha
    We are SO alike! I have had this very conversation with myself.
  • 1 reply, Last reply by Julie Stamper on Tue Jul 2, 2013 at 3:10 am
  • Report Tue Jul 2, 2013 - 3:10 am
    @GrandeMocha: I sometimes feel like I'm just a hamster on a wheel. A very slow and confused hamster.
  • Report Mon Jul 1, 2013 - 7:43 pm
    If I didn't have my, "Fiddle Dee Dee, I'll worry about that tomorrow!", I'd totally do it today. In 5 minutes. 10. Ok, no more than 15. BACK OFF, OK, it's 20!
  • 1 reply, Last reply by Julie Stamper on Mon Jul 1, 2013 at 8:09 pm
  • Report Mon Jul 1, 2013 - 8:09 pm
    @Bethany Thies: I DARE YOU to remind me when I said I'd do it. Really. Tell me to my face that you thought I was getting that done yesterday. Are you laughing? I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? *they slowly back away, I grab cookies*
  • Report Mon Jul 1, 2013 - 2:19 pm
    I'm really good at justifications to put things off too. Funny post and sadly it rings true!
  • 1 reply, Last reply by Julie Stamper on Mon Jul 1, 2013 at 5:20 pm
  • Report Mon Jul 1, 2013 - 5:20 pm
    @Wordifull Melanie: Like how I'd rather answer comments on the post than get to the business of writing a new one.
  • Report Mon Jul 1, 2013 - 5:02 pm
    by  Jenn Rose
    I'm printing this and posting it on my fridge as a To Do list... tomorrow.
  • 1 reply, Last reply by Julie Stamper on Mon Jul 1, 2013 at 5:19 pm
  • Report Mon Jul 1, 2013 - 5:19 pm
    @Jenn Rose: Honestly, Wednesday is a better day to think about tackling the To Do list.
  • Report Mon Jul 1, 2013 - 1:58 pm
    Hey Julie, Yep. If I did all that, I couldn't read this, and I'd rather read. Laughing should count as an exercise.
  • 1 reply, Last reply by Julie Stamper on Mon Jul 1, 2013 at 2:05 pm
  • Report Mon Jul 1, 2013 - 2:05 pm
    @lhewitt: EXACTLY. There will always be more dishes, but some good writing? A fun story? I'm a moth to flame...
  • Report Mon Jul 1, 2013 - 11:32 am
    Yes. This. The only time I ever really clean the house is 2 hours before my mother in law is due in. And then it's only the downstairs. Once,when I was very sick for a long time, Himself hired a pair of maids to do the floors and bathrooms, and I had to clean up first. Boy,he never let go of that one.
  • 2 replies, Last reply by rootietoot on Mon Jul 1, 2013 at 1:48 pm
  • Report Mon Jul 1, 2013 - 1:29 pm
    @rootietoot: I've actually stuck dirty dishes in the oven when my MIL is on the way over, forgotten them, and then remembered them only when I smelled burning crockery while pre-heating said oven. Classy.
  • Report Mon Jul 1, 2013 - 1:48 pm
    @Julie Stamper: I Febreeze the hell out of everything, due to egregious dogs. she says the house smells like Dog. Can't imagine why, there's only 7 of them (soon to be 4, the 3 horse-seized ones are going to a farm)
  • Report Mon Jul 1, 2013 - 6:12 am
    Julie, thanks a lot for your article!!! I am currently dealing with procrastination and I think it might be the real killer of your dreams!!!
  • 1 reply, Last reply by Julie Stamper on Mon Jul 1, 2013 at 1:34 pm
  • Report Mon Jul 1, 2013 - 1:34 pm
    @Mike Dernerk: "Killer of Dreams". That is an awesome title for a slasher flick about not getting things done.